If you or your child suffer from high temperature of 100.4 F or more, you are recommended to check whether a rash is present or not. Usually, a rash accompanied with fever is caused by viral infection. While most viral rashes are not serious, rash may signalize a life-threatening condition.
The features of a rash:
1. Widespread itchy and blistery rash.
2. A rash that spreads out of a red central spot.
3. Flat and dark red spots that don’t fade when pressed.
4. Dull and red spots or blotches that fade when pressed.
5. Bright red rash particularly affecting the cheeks.
6. Light red or pink rash mainly on the trunk or the face.
7. None of the above.
In case of these symptoms, medical intervention is necessary:
1. Dislike of bright light.
2. Pain in the neck when pending the head forward.
4. High temperature of 39ْC (102ْF) or more.
6. Severe headache.